Table of Contents
What is an IT Certification?
IT Certifications are identification that confirms a professional ability in a particular technology field. It is necessary to pass through assessment, education, or review to obtain the required certifications. Webopedia has confirmed that an IT certification educates and authenticates an expert’s specialized skill in the digital economy. Prominent computer software and hardware agents extend certification programs for product installers such as Cisco’s Certified Internetwork (CIW), Microsoft’s Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) for Windows operating systems, and IBM’s certified Lotus Specialist (CLS). Professional agencies supervise certified programs.
The benefit of an IT Certifications
• IT Certifications provide credibility for anyone looking to work in the field. People with one or more IT certifications are likelier to be noticed and promoted by businesses.
• When combined with specific work experience, IT certifications can show hiring managers, organizations, and enterprises that a candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities of a particular information technology job.
• It allows certified IT professionals to update their skills and stay abreast of technological advancements.
• Employees looking for promotions may benefit from earning a certificate in information technology by positioning themselves to consider other higher-level positions in related IT fields.
• An increase in an employee’s compensation may also lead to the person obtaining a highly sought-after IT certification.
WHAT ARE THE BEST IT CERTIFICATIONS FOR BEGINNERS?
The following are a few of the top IT certifications for beginners that are in demand, valid, and significant to hiring employers:
Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect
One of the most important and relevant certifications to earn is this one. The Google Cloud Platform’s fundamentals, including App Engine, Kubernetes Engine, Compute Engine, storage, BigQuery, Cloud Firestore, and app deployment, are briefly covered in this class, according to Google. Thanks to our practical laboratories, this allows you to develop solutions in actual GCP scenarios. Google suggests three years of professional experience in the field and at least one year of building and managing solutions utilizing GCP in the absence of any formal criteria.
Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)
The Global Information Assurance Certification gives you a foundational understanding of cybersecurity and practical experience. According to a Fortinet report, 94% of cybersecurity professionals think their qualifications better equipped them for their current jobs. The GIAC credential opens up opportunities for advancing cybersecurity expertise, including instruction in cyber defense, penetration testing, digital forensics, incident response, etc. This Certification has four levels: beginner, intermediate, expert, and advanced.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
An individual’s ability to create and manage scalable systems on AWS can be determined by their AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification. This certification program is recommended for people with a solution architect role and at least a year of experience planning and implementing efficient, scaleable AWS systems. At the program’s conclusion, participants will demonstrate their understanding of designing and delivering reliable, secure applications using AWS technology.
Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE)
With the help of this Certification from ISACA, you can demonstrate that you can navigate the increasingly complex world of data privacy and security. This Certification is based on technical experience that evaluates your capacity to apply privacy by design, resulting in privacy technology strategies and solutions that inspire trust and enhance data privacy. An education in privacy governance and architecture for five years is one of the qualifications to take the examinations.
Certified Ethical Hacker
To assist in the creation of improved security measures to thwart future intrusions, the C-Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) needs the same abilities, techniques, and knowledge as a malicious hacker. This Certification verifies your competence to identify and avoid computer system susceptibility. In order to protect a corporation from potential dangers, ethical hackers are tasked with identifying holes in a company’s systems and structures.
Other IT Certifications include;
- CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT)
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ (ITF+)
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing & Switching
- Cisco Certified Technician Collaboration (CCT Collaboration)
- CCT Data Center
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Google Cloud Certification
- Disciplined Agile Scrum Master (DASM) Certification
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® Certification
What certifications are required for an IT job?
The top five IT certifications required for a career in an IT position are listed below.
CompTIA A+ Technician
A beginner-level certification called CompTIA A+ is built on several technological philosophies. Anyone who wants to work in IT has to know these fundamentals. The health of computer systems, operating systems, printers, laptops, and mobile devices are the responsibility of CompTIA A+ technicians. You must pass two performance-based and multiple-choice exams worth $200 to receive a CompTIA A+ certificate.
Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
The CISSP certification is generally recognized in the IT industry. This Certification aims to validate participants’ security knowledge to defend against attacks on enterprises. Asset security, security and risk management, identity and access management, communications and network security, security engineering, security assessment and testing, software development security, and security operations are all covered by the CISSP certifications. The exam costs $600 and has 250 questions that must be answered in 6 hours.
Cybercrime is one of the most significant issues IT professionals face. Because cybercrime is on the rise every year, security+ Certification is now required for cybersecurity professionals. This Certification shows prospective employers that you have the skills to deal with this constantly changing data. One of the IT industry’s most valuable certifications is this one.
Network+ The Network+ certification validates a person’s ability to manage, create, and troubleshoot various wired and wireless networks. The certification enrollment fee is around $285.
Certified Network Associate by Cisco (CCNA)
Students who obtain this entry-level Certification will learn how to install, set up, and manage enterprise-level routers and switches. The CCNA is adept at identifying and resolving unusual network issues. Enrollment in the exam costs around $295.
In conclusion, IT certifications, primarily from leading IT firms, are crucial methods of validating skills. The best IT certifications to pursue this year are now known to you.