Applying for a scholarship is simple, and you don’t have to be brilliant to get one. There are several scholarship opportunities available at NMIT, including some that might help you pay for new equipment, cover study-related expenses, or even help you land an internship—and one of them might land you a job!
NMIT is pleased to collaborate with a wide variety of regional partners to develop scholarships for prospective and present students.
An excellent government-owned higher education provider, Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology is located near New Zealand’s South Island summit. Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology has offered students like you top-notch higher education for more than 115 years.
Details About the Tasman Pasifika Scholarship
Organization: Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT)
Country to study: New Zealand
School: Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT)
Value: A one-time payment of $1,000 towards program costs.
Gender: Men and Women
Application Deadline: December 19, 2022
- It would be best if you were of Pasifika ancestry and a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand.
- Enrolled in a full-time program at NMIT beginning in 2023. A statement of around 500 words outlines your motivations for enrolling in this course at NMIT and your long-term objectives and ambitions for your career.
- A panel interview for a scholarship may also be needed for the candidate.
- Agree to be available for at least 3-5 days so that NMIT and the Nelson Tasman Pasifika Community Trust can use you for promotional reasons.
Terms & Conditions
1. The scholarship may only be offered in a given year if the caliber of the candidates matches the necessary standards. Even if the decision is made after the deadline for applying for the scholarship has passed.
2. Aside from what is stated above, the scholarship does not pay for textbooks, retake fees, student organization dues, or other course supplies.
3. You could have to pay back the scholarship if you drop out or still need to finish the course requirements. The NMIT and Nelson Tasman Pasifika Community Trust will have the final say in this. It would help if you informed firstname.lastname@example.org of your situational change.
4. No other NMIT fee-based scholarship may be used in conjunction with this one.
5. The student must have started classes at NMIT, and payment for the program of study must have been made following NMIT guidelines without entirely depending on the outcome of the scholarship being given.
6. A committee that comprises officials from NMIT and the Nelson Pasifika Community Trust will decide which applicants will get scholarships. The Panel’s decisions are final and cannot be challenged.
7. Applications must be submitted electronically through the NMIT website by 5:00 p.m. on December 19, 2022. The scholarship awards will be made during the Scholarship Ceremony, which you must attend early in the academic year.
8. If you do not fill up and send the Acceptance and Agreement Contract to email@example.com within two weeks of getting formal advice, the scholarship grant will be void. This attests to your acceptance of the scholarship and your agreement to uphold all obligations outlined in the scholarship’s Terms of Reference.
9. Studylink or NMIT will be paid the agreed-upon scholarship amount. Payment will be made toward course-related expenses or deposited into a designated bank account if the recipient qualifies for the government’s first-year fees free initiative.
10. You must sign a Release Form under the Privacy Act of 1993, authorizing NMIT and the Nelson Tasman Pasifika Community Trust to use your personal information for scholarship publicity. Both the content and the duration of use are under your control.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Flinders University on student-flinders.studylink.com to apply.