Are you an aspiring artist looking for a way to finance your education? Look no further than the Berlin University of the Arts Scholarship for International Students. This prestigious scholarship program offers financial support to international students who wish to pursue their passion for the arts at one of the most renowned universities in Europe.
At Berlin University of the Arts, students can choose from a diverse range of programs in music, visual arts, design, and performing arts. The scholarship covers tuition fees, as well as a monthly stipend for living expenses, allowing students to focus on their studies and develop their creative talents without the worry of financial burden.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants are required to demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and artistic potential. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of studying at the Berlin University of the Arts and delve deeper into the requirements for the Scholarship for International Students.
Table of Contents
About Berlin University of the Arts Scholarship
The Berlin University of the Arts Scholarship is a highly sought-after program that provides financial assistance to talented international students who wish to pursue their artistic ambitions at one of Europe’s premier universities. The scholarship is available for students at all levels of study, including undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programs.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, as well as a monthly stipend for living expenses, allowing students to focus on their studies and artistic development. In addition, scholarship recipients may have the opportunity to participate in cultural and artistic activities outside of their academic program, further enhancing their experience at the university.
To be considered for the Berlin University of the Arts Scholarship, applicants must demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and artistic potential. They are required to submit academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement, along with their artistic portfolio.
The scholarship is a valuable opportunity for students to study in one of Europe’s most vibrant cultural cities and receive an education at one of the most prestigious art universities in the world. Recipients of the scholarship can take advantage of the rich cultural and artistic resources of Berlin while receiving top-notch education and training in their chosen field.
Benefits of Berlin University of the Arts Scholarship
Throughout the fellowship’s two-year duration, the following assistance is given:
- A grant of €1,365 per month to help with living expenses and €103 for material expenditures
- grants for project production and research costs based on the project’s requirements and available finances
- if applicable, a child allowance
- Separate offices at the UdK Berlin can be converted to studio space according to operating hours.
- Subject to availability, access to a wider range of university resources and facilities (such as libraries, workshops, labs, and courses).
- The UdK international office offers guidance and assistance to international students.
In Berlin, fellows are expected to arrange their housing. The International Student Services at UdK Berlin can help with this to some extent, although it should be noted that this is not a residency program.
Requirements for Berlin University of the Arts Scholarship
- To increase the number of young female artists and academics studying at the Berlin University of the Arts, we strongly encourage women to apply.
- Both German and English applications are allowed.
- A project in art, design, or research that can be finished in two years is required of interested parties.
Interview date, Process, and Venue
Successful applicants for the first stage will be notified by the start of May 2023 and invited to an interview.
Interviews are conducted either in-person or online in the second round. Applicants who have been invited to the second round must complete the application for the second stage. There, you have the option to upload additional supporting documents as one PDF file (with a maximum file size of 10 MB):
- If applicable, information on a course that will be taught at the UdK.
- Any potential project partners’ names
- A reference in the field that is central to this project (please provide contact details of the referee)
The application window closes on May 10, 2023. (23:59 CET).
The interviews should happen in the second half of May 2023. Please make sure you are available. By the start of June 2023, you will receive notification of the decision on your application.
Applications that are not received by the deadlines specified or do not meet formal standards will not be taken into consideration.
Documents Required for Application
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter (maximum two A4 pages) answering the following inquiries: What advantages would a fellowship provide for your professional development? What are your expectations for the Graduate School fellows’ conversation? How would you characterize your involvement in this forum? Which contexts—artistic, social, and historical?
- Project description, tentative schedule, budget, and finance plan (no more than four A4 pages overall, minimum font size 11)
- A copy of the certificate(s) of graduation from the university, which should be a master’s or diploma. or evidence of exceptional artistic ability and specialist knowledge in your field, as proved by at least three years of successful professional practice in the form of certificates or other documents.
- 3 maximum examples of your creative work (online cross-references should be included as hyperlinks in the PDF).
Guide on how to apply for the Berlin University of the Arts Scholarship:
- Check the eligibility criteria: Before applying for the scholarship, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria set by the Berlin University of the Arts. This includes academic requirements and artistic potential.
- Choose a program: Choose a program that aligns with your artistic interests and aspirations. You can find information about the different programs offered by the university on its website.
- Prepare your application documents: The application process for the scholarship requires several documents, including academic transcripts, a letter of motivation, letters of recommendation, and an artistic portfolio. Make sure to review the application requirements carefully and prepare all the necessary documents.
- Submit your application online: The application for the scholarship is submitted online through the Berlin University of the Arts website. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully and upload all the required documents.
- Wait for the results: After submitting your application, you will need to wait for the results of the selection process. The university will contact you if you are selected for an interview or if you are awarded the scholarship.
- Accept the scholarship: If you are awarded the scholarship, you will need to accept the offer and follow the instructions provided by the university on how to enroll and begin your studies.
Overall, applying for the Berlin University of the Arts Scholarship requires careful planning and preparation. By following the steps above and providing all the required documents, you increase your chances of being selected for this prestigious scholarship.
How to Apply for Berlin University of the Arts Scholarship
Are you qualified and interested? To apply, visit the Berlin University of the Arts at www.udk-berlin.de.
The first stage is done online. The following files should be uploaded in one PDF file with a maximum size of 10 MB to the application form.
Please contact studyguide@udk-berlin or call +49 30 3185 1480 if you have any additional inquiries.
For additional details, see the Berlin University of the Arts website.